1/2 white onion, minced
2 Qts of hot prawn or shellfish stock
2 Cups Arborio rice
1 1/2 cups of white wine (We suggest Chardonnay)
- In a braising pan, heat 4 Tbsps of olive oil on low and add onion.
- Saute onion for 2-3 minutes and then add rice.
- Stir until the rice is hot to touch and shiny from oil.
- Add wine and reduce until 60% is absorbed.
- Add 4oz. of stock and reduce, add more when stock is 60% absorbed until rice is about 70% cooked through when sampled. The process should take about 20 minutes.
- Pour rice out onto a lined sheet tray and spread even with a rubber spatula. Cool under refrigeration.
White pine needles (enough to cover a half sheet tray)
4 sprigs rosemary on the stem
5 packs of mushrooms (we use Maitake, but any will work)
Salt and pepper
- Trim the pine needles off the branch and spread out over the bottom of a half sheet tray.
- Add the rosemary sprigs.
- Trim the mushrooms and place in mixing bowl, add olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Lay mushrooms on top of the pine needles & rosemary.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
3 large butternut squash
2 cups black lentils
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup diced celery
2 tsp sherry vinegar
2 quart vegetable stock or water
4 bay leaves
2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup maple sugar
1 tsp fleur de sel
2 oz wedge of brie
- Cut squash lengthwise to create cross section cutc 1/4 inch thick
- Remove seeds
- Trim excess rind of cross cuts
- Roast in a hotel pan on roasting rack with 2 cups of water in bottom. Wrap pan in aluminum foil and roast at 425 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom pot on medium heat, sweat mirepoix in olive oil until onions become transluscent
- Add lentils and stock/water and bay leaves
- Bring to a rolling boil, reduce to simmer, cover with lid for 35-45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Maple Candied Walnuts
- Toast walnuts in oven for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees
- In a large saute pan add walnuts and maple syrup and reduce to candy consistency
- Sprinkle with salt while still warm
- Cover a pie pan in non-stick spray and use a cooking torch to slightly melt and caramelize the outer edges.
Toss squash, lentils, and walnuts. Garnish with brie.
1 cup butter
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
12 ounces chocolate chips
1 4-ounce milk chocolate bar
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together butter and both sugars. Stir in eggs and vanilla
- Finely grind oatmeal in a blender or food processor. Combine the oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and soda in a medium bowl and slowly add it to the wet ingredients. Beat until just combined.
- Grate chocolate bar using a microplane grater and add it, along with chocolate chips and nuts to the batter. Mix just to combine.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
15 oz whole corn kernel (8 ears, see directions)
15 oz cream corn (8 ears, see directions)
1 stick butter
1 Jiffy Corn muffin mix
8 oz sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degreess.
- Mix all ingredients
- Grease standard baking dish
- Bake for 1 hour
Whole Kernel Corn:
1. Shuck off the outer husk and silk from the corn.
2. Fill pot with enough water to cover corn.
3. Bring water to boil and dissolve a tablespoon of salt
4. Cook corn for 3-5 minutes
5. Cut kernels from cob with a small pairing knife
Homemade Cream Corn:
8 ears corn, husked
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
Salt & pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cold water
2 tbsp bacon grease (optional)
1 tbsp butter
1. Cut kernels form cob with small pairing knife
2. Using back of blade, scrap against cob to press out milky liquid into large bowl.
3. Add kernels to bowl.
4. Whisk together sugar, flour, salt, and pepper to taste. Combine with corn.
5. Add cream and water. Mix.
6. In a large skillet heat bacon grease (optional).
7. Add mixture and heat on medium-low, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Until creamy.
1lb taleggio cheese
2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped carrot
1 cup chopped celery
½ cup white cooking wine
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 quarts cream
- Sweat vegetables over medium high heat
- Add white wine and reduce by half
- Add chicken or vegetable stock and reduce by half
- Add cream and taleggio
- Melt cheese.
- Heat on medium setting for 15 minutes
- Serve hot with truffle oil and croutons.
1lb fingerling potatoes
1lb cooked lobster meat
2 stalks of celery
2 scallions (leafy green part only)
1/2 cup of mayo
Sriracha to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes till toothpick penetrates into potato with ease. Cool in fridge.
- Chop celery and scallions into small pieces and combine with mayo and sriracha.
- Dice cooked potatoes and add to salad.
- Add lobster meat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
1/4 of a bag of organic lettuce mix
4 Kalamata olives halved
4 Cherry tomatoes halved
1 Yellow squash
Vegetable oil for frying
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 of a medium yellow onion
1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
Heavy pinch of black pepper
1 oz. extra virgin olive oil
2 oz. grape seed or other vegetable oil
2 oz. feta cheese
- Heat a fryer or a pot of oil to 340 degrees
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a food processor
- Add salad mix to a bowl with 2 halved olives, 2 halved tomatoes, and 1 oz. of dressing
- Mix thoroughly and place the salad on a plate
- Add the rest of the tomatoes and olives to the bowl and toss with a little additional dressing
- Garnish the base of the salad with the tomatoes and olives
- With a vegetable peeler, peel zuchinni and squash in long ribbons of the outer colorful skins
- Peel the carrot in long strips to match, and combine with zuchinni and squash
- Deep fry the vegetable ribbons until crisp and drain on paper towels
- Season the ribbons and place on top of salad.
Ingredients – Gazpacho
1 – Cucumber (seeded)
1 – Red Onion
1 – Fennel
3 – Garlic Cloves
2 – Cup Tomato Cacase
½ tsp. – Cumin
1 tsp. – Paprika
¼ Cup – White Balsamic
½ Cup – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ Cup – Herbs (fine minced)
Ingredients – Lemon Powder
2 Cup – Tapiocca Maltodextrin
1 tsp. – Salt
2 Tbls. – Lemon Powder
- Roast the red onion, fennel and garlic until fragrant.
- Combine all ingredients except for the oil and herbs in vita prep.
- Puree until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil to emulsify.
- Strain through chinios.
- Add the herbs and whisk to incorporate.
3/4 C. All Purpose Flour
2 Egg Yolks
1/4 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. Salt
Jam, Candy, or Nuts as needed for filling.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add yolk and extract
- Slowly add flour and salt until combined
- Scoop onto cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the top of each scoop.
- Bake 12-15 miutes.
- Fill with jam, candy, or nuts.
Vanilla Cardamom Pound Cake
3 Cups – Flour
1 tsp. – Ground Cardamom
1 tsp. – Baking Powder
½ tsp. – Baking Soda
½ tsp. – Salt
9 oz. – Butter, Softened
1 ¾ – Cup Sugar
2 – Vanilla Beans
4 – Eggs
1 Tbls. – Lemon Juice
1 Cup – Milk
- Generously grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Whisk together flour and other dry ingredients.
- In mixer, beat butter and sugar at medium until pale and fluffy.
- Scrape seeds of vanilla beans into butter and beat until combined well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Beat in lemon juice until combined well.
- At low speed, add flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending
- with flour; Mix until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide batter between the two pans and bake until done 30minutes.
- Cool in pans about 30 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
Yield: 8 servings