1lb fingerling potatoes
1lb cooked lobster meat
2 stalks of celery
2 scallions (leafy green part only)
1/2 cup of mayo
Sriracha to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes till toothpick inserted into potato penetrates with ease. Cool in fridge.
- Chop celery and scallions into small pieces and combine with mayo and sriracha.
- Dice cooked potatoes and add to salad.
- Add lobster meat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
1/4 of a bag of organic lettuce mix
4 Kalamata olives halved
4 Cherry tomatoes halved
1 Yellow squash
Vegetable oil for frying
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 of a medium yellow onion
1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
Heavy pinch of black pepper
1 oz. extra virgin olive oil
2 oz. grape seed or other vegetable oil
2 oz. feta cheese
- Heat a fryer or a pot of oil to 340 degrees
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a food processor
- Add salad mix to a bowl with 2 halved olives, 2 halved tomatoes, and 1 oz. of dressing
- Mix thoroughly and place the salad on a plate
- Add the rest of the tomatoes and olives to the bowl and toss with a little additional dressing
- Garnish the base of the salad with the tomatoes and olives
- With a vegetable peeler, peel zuchinni and squash in long ribbons of the outer colorful skins
- Peel the carrot in long strips to match, and combine with zuchinni and squash
- Deep fry the vegetable ribbons until crisp and drain on paper towels
- Season the ribbons and place on top of salad.
Ingredients – Gazpacho
1 – Cucumber (seeded)
1 – Red Onion
1 – Fennel
3 – Garlic Cloves
2 – Cup Tomato Cacase
½ tsp. – Cumin
1 tsp. – Paprika
¼ Cup – White Balsamic
½ Cup – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ Cup – Herbs (fine minced)
Ingredients – Lemon Powder
2 Cup – Tapiocca Maltodextrin
1 tsp. – Salt
2 Tbls. – Lemon Powder
- Roast the red onion, fennel and garlic until fragrant.
- Combine all ingredients except for the oil and herbs in vita prep.
- Puree until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil to emulsify.
- Strain through chinios.
- Add the herbs and whisk to incorporate.
3/4 C. All Purpose Flour
2 Egg Yolks
1/4 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. Salt
Jam, Candy, or Nuts as needed for filling.
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add yolk and extract
- Slowly add flour and salt until combined
- Scoop onto cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the top of each scoop.
- Bake 12-15 miutes.
- Fill with jam, candy, or nuts.
Vanilla Cardamom Pound Cake
3 Cups – Flour
1 tsp. – Ground Cardamom
1 tsp. – Baking Powder
½ tsp. – Baking Soda
½ tsp. – Salt
9 oz. – Butter, Softened
1 ¾ – Cup Sugar
2 – Vanilla Beans
4 – Eggs
1 Tbls. – Lemon Juice
1 Cup – Milk
- Generously grease and flour two loaf pans.
- Whisk together flour and other dry ingredients.
- In mixer, beat butter and sugar at medium until pale and fluffy.
- Scrape seeds of vanilla beans into butter and beat until combined well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Beat in lemon juice until combined well.
- At low speed, add flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending
- with flour; Mix until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide batter between the two pans and bake until done 30minutes.
- Cool in pans about 30 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
Yield: 8 servings
2 medium – Frozen Bananas
1 cup – Sliced Blueberries
1 cup – Sliced Strawberries
¼ pound – Tofu
½ cup – Ice (Optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Don’t be afraid to alter either the amount or type of ingredients.
- This recipe is just a nudge to get you started in creating what suits your tastes and needs.
Yields: 4 servings
1 pound – Large Shrimp, such as U-12’s
1 cup – Shrimp Marinade (marinade directions below)
2 Cups – Light Soy Sauce
1 cup – Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
1 cup – Pesto
½ cup – White Wine
½ cup – Lemon Juice
¼ cup – Shallots, minced
¼ cup – Dark Balsamic Vinegar
1 bunch – Scallions, chopped
½ cup – Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender and process until pureed and incorporated.
Yields: 1 ½ quarts
- Peel and butterfly shrimp halfway down their backs.
- Marinate for an hour or two.
- Grill over a medium-hot fire until desired doneness.
For easier handling, the shrimp may be placed on a skewer.
Yields: 4 Servings